Blueberry Cake | Eggless

I rarely buy blueberries, but the other day I just saw a box of these fresh blueberries sitting on the shelf and it was hard to resist them. It seemed like they were shouting 'Pick me! Pick me!'. I just dropeed them in my grocery basket and popped them in my freezer. Then today I suddenly remembered about those lovely berries and had this sudden craving for bluberry muffins! But I couldn't find my muffin tray ooh! Ok so lets just bake the batter into a cake :) Either way it tastes great. Doesn't it?
So here we go.

Ingredients Required:
All Purpose Flour/Maida - 1 1/2 cup
Custard Powder - 3 tblspn
Brown Sugar - 1/2 Cup
White Sugar - 1/2 Cup
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Oil - 1/4 cup
Flax Milk/Milk - 1/4 cup
Yogurt - 1 Cup
Bluberries - 1 Cup


How to Bake?
Mix in the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl - All Purpose Flour, Custard Powder, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and mix well without any lumps.
Take another mixing bowl and add in the sugar, yogurt, oil, flax milk and the vanilla essence. Whisk well.
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well so everything is well combined.
Add the blueberries and fold in gently.
You can either pour them in muffin tray or in a cake pan as I did (Lazy me !). Either way it does taste the same!
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes if in the muffin tray or for 45- 50 minutes if in a cake pan. Each oven is different, so bake till well done and light brown on top. Insert a tooth pick and if it comes out clean then the cake is done.


Slice them as desired and serve for breakfast, or as a tea time snack.


And the plate was empty before the next click!
And you know what? I finally found my muffin tray just after I popped the cake pan into the oven! It is always like this... Is it not? Oh well!

Notes:
The brown sugar can be replaced with white sugar. But the brown sugar gives more moisture to the muffin.
Since I intended on baking a muffin, the sugar level was just perfect for a muffin. You can increase the sugar if you want to bake a cake.
Flax milk can be substituted with normal milk.
The custard powder gives the yellow color and a sweet taste.






Comments