Chocolate Cookies | Eggless

This is one of the best fool-proof recipes of Chocolate Chip Cookies. I found it online, and modified the recipe a bit to my liking. I baked a batch of these for my son's birthday party and they were a super hit. From then I have already baked them 3 times and each time they were just perfect!
I have tried this recipe using 100% All Purpose Flour and also substituting half of it with Whole Wheat Flour. I did not find any difference in the taste and both the batches were equally delicious.
Be sure to try this delicious recipe soon :)


Makes 36
Ingredients Required:
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 cup
All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
White Sugar - 1/2 cup
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Chips - 1 1/2 cups

How to make?
In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter till creamy.
Add the yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix Well.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir well till incorporated.
Add the chocolate chips and fold.
Roll into a ball, cover with cling fling and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Pre heat the oven to 350. Spoon out small balls, slightly flatten them and place on the baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, till the edges start to brown. Cool for a minute on the tray and remove from the tray.

Notes:
The original recipe called for 2 cups all purpose flour. I replaced them with half whole wheat flour.
The original recipe called for 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup margarine. I used 1/2 cup butter. I have been wanting to try with 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup olive oil. Shall update after trying it out.
You can add white chocolate chips, pecans, cranberries or walnuts to the cookies.


Comments