Cookies with baby cereal and baby fruit puree


I was cleaning out my pantry and just found out I had few unopened boxes of baby cereal and many fruit purees. I didn't want them to go waste. My toddler had stopped taking the cereals and purees and I was thinking what to do with them.
Why not put things together and bake them into cookies? I had already baked oatmeal cookies,  so just thought of modifying that recipe a bit. The final cookie came out so well that I am actually considering buying more baby cereal just to bake these goodies :)
These will make good healthy snacks for your toddlers.
Makes 5 dozens
Ingredients Required :
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baby rice cereal - 2 1/2 cups
White sugar - 3/4 cup
Brown sugar - 3/4 cup
Butter - 3 tablespoon
Oil - 3 tablespoon
Cinnamon - few sprinkles
Salt - pinch
Fruit Puree- 1/2 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
How to make?
Take a big mixing bowl and add in all the dry ingredients.
Mix well.
Fold in the butter and oil and crumble the mixture.
Add in the fruit puree and mix well till all the ingredients are incorporated and a dough formed.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Line a parchment paper on a baking g tray and set aside.
Roll out the dough with a rolling pin into 1 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter. Place the cookies on the sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
Store in air tight container.
Notes:
You can use any baby cereal you have or even mixture of two cereals. I have tried with rice, oatmeal, and multigrain. All have come out well.
You can use any fruit puree. I have tried with apple,  banana, peach. Mix two fruits puree for a better flavor.
If you do not have cookie cutter, make small balls and flatten them out on the cookie tray.
If these are baked for a minute or two less then they end up very very fudgy chewy type. These are better crisper so allow to bake till the cookies are done.

Comments