Mango Kulfi | Gluten Free



I made this kulfi last year during the mango season and had saved it in my drafts. Totally forgot to post it. I just spotted it today while going through my drafts and though why not post it for Valentine's Day.
This is one simple recipe and is very delicious! We had got a crate of mangoes last year, and were finally bored of eating the mangoes. I still had few mangoes left and was thinking on what to make with them. Then I decided upon this recipe and it was a total hit. My hubby just loved it :)
I am sure this would make a perfect valentine's day recipe for your loved one. I guarantee that your valentine will love it! Try it out and let me know.
If you are not able to get hold on mangoes, the canned mango pulp which can be got it the Indian Stores work out just as well. Make sure that you make it the night before as it requires minimum of 8 - 12 hours to set.

Makes around 16 Kulfi - Normal size kulfi molds
Ingredients Required:
Mango Pulp - 2 cups
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 small can of roughly 500 ml
Heavy Whipping Cream - 1 cup
Kesar Milk Mix - 2 tsp (or roughly chopped pista, badam and few strands of saffron)
Cardamon Powder - 1 tsp

How to make?
I used the pulp from fresh mangoes, so used around 3 mid sized mangoes. Peeled the mangoes and blended the pulp in a blender till smooth. You can use the tinned mango pulp also.
Take a big mixing bowl, and mix all the ingredients together.
Give a quick taste test to see if the sweet is correct, usually there would not be a need to add sugar as we are using sweetened condensed milk. But just to be on the safer side check if the sweet is correct if not add some sugar according to your taste.
Pour the mix in the kulfi molds and place the sticks.
Freeze for 8 - 12 hours before serving.
When serving, gently run them under warm water, so it loosens up and serve cold.

Notes:
Heavy Whipping Cream can be replaced with Half and Half. For a less fatty version, use regular milk but the Kulfi would be less creamy.



Comments