Quinoa Sweet Potato Spinach Patty Vegetable Burger | Vegan | Gluten Free

Okay I got the name right! I just wanted to make sure the name had all the main ingredients. I know, its such a long name :)
I had this organic Quinoa lying there in my pantry shelf. I wanted to do something different with it instead of the usual Quinoa recipes.
Why not try vegan patties? Ok, tonight is burger night!
I dunno how I ended up with a combination of sweet potato and spinach,  but it tasted deliciously good!
Makes 4-6 patties
Ingredients required :
Quinoa - 1/2 cup
Water - 2 cups
Sweet potato, boiled, peeled, mashed- 1
Spinach- 2 cups tightly packed
Salt to taste
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Cumin powder - 2 tsp
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Corn flour- 3 tbsp
Oil for shallow frying
How to make?
Cook the Quinoa in water till it is mushy. It has to be cooked for a longer than usual time so it gets overcooked and it would be easy to combine.
Cook the spinach in water for 5 minutes, cool and blend to paste.
In a large mixing bowl combine the Quinoa,  sweet potato, spinach and all the spices.
Mix well.
Add in the corn flour, this acts as a binding agent and also absorbs the extra moisture.
Make 4 balls and pat each ball between your palms.
Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a frying pan.
Place the patty and slowly cook till brown in both sides.
Set aside.
For the burger: (what I used)
Burger buns
Cheese slice
Tomato slices
Onion slices
Zucchini slices
Avocado slices
Lettuce
Patty
How to arrange:
Place the bottom burger bun.
Place a lettuce leaf, patty, cheese, vegetables.
Cover it up with lettuce leaf.
Place the top bun.
You are ready to go!
Notes:
Patty:
I did not have breadcrumbs so used corn flour.
Can be fried and frozen for later use. When using bake for 10 minutes or fry with a tbsp of oil.
Burger:
You can use veggies and cheese of your choice.

Comments