Sweet Potato Fries - Baked

The other day when I was vegetable shopping, I found these nice big sweet potatoes and bought couple of them. It reminded me of my childhood days when my grandmom used to use a coal stove to slightly burn the skin of these sweet potatoes till they turn golden brown, and then she used to peel the skin and give me the potatoes. It used to have a slight burn taste and the inside of the potato would be cooked and delicious!
Obviously I can't do that now :) but maybe I could have tried to broil the potatoes in a broiler. Ok, let me try that the next time. Anyways the potatoes were lying in my shelf and I had no clue what I was going to do with them. So I thought why not make bake them into fries just like potato fries... And that's what I did and it was delicious! 


Serves 2
Ingredients Required:
Big Sweet potatoes - 2 - 3, peeled and sliced into long thin pieces
Salt - to taste
Pepper - 1 tsp
Cooking Spray
Oil - 2 tsp


How to make?
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
After you have peeled and sliced the potatoes into thin long strips, take a tsp of oil and drizzle across the slices. 
Sprinkle some salt and pepper and gently give a good toss with your hand so the salt, oil and pepper is coated evenly on all the slices.
Take a baking sheet and place a parchment paper on it, place the slices next to each other.
Just give a last spray with cooking oil on the chips.
Place it inside the oven and allow to bake for 20 minutes.
But do check the oven from time to time as you do not want to burn them :)
Once they are golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool for couple of minutes.
Happy munching :)



Comments