Whole Wheat Tutty Fruity Cake | Eggless

I was craving for the tutty fruity cake for a very very long time, and why didn't I make it so long? That's because I couldn't find tutty fruits in my local indian trip store. Then my friend called me up few days back and said that now the Indian store carries tutty fruity. Ok so that was the first thing on my shopping list.
I got a packet and tried out this cake. As you know from my last cake post - whole wheat lemon cake,  I have been trying to use part of whole wheat flour. So I tried baking this also with a part of whole wheat flour. It did come good and could not tell that I had used whole wheat flour.
Ingredients Required:
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Corn flour - 1/4 cup
Salt - pinch
Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
Oil - 1/2 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup
Yogurt -1/2 cup
Vanilla extract- 2 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Tutty fruity - 1/4 cup
How to make?
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Take a big mixing bowl.
Add the flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, tutty fruity and mix well.
Add the sugar, milk, yogurt, oil,  vanilla extract.
Mix well without lumps.
Either line the baking dish with parchment paper or grease with butter.
Pour the cake batter and bake for 60 min. Or till an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
Cool for 20 min, slice and serve.
Notes:
The cake was slight brown color due to the addition of whole wheat flour.
I baked in a loaf pan so had to bake for 60 min. If using a cake pan, the baking time wills reduce. Just make sure that the top is golden brown and tooth pick inserted comes out clean.


Comments