Avocado Basil Pesto | Vegan

I was under the impression that making fresh Pesto was a long process and always ended up buying a big bottle of Pesto from Costco.
Later did I find out my assumption was totally proven wrong until I tried this recipe. It is vegan as well as the cheese is substituted by avocado.
This is a super simple and easy to whip up recipe. And it serves as a good spread for toast or dip for veggies!
I have not added pine nuts and instead added pecans. Walnuts or Almonds can also be used! Do not forget the splash of lemon juice for the flavor burst!

This works great as a pasta or pizza sauce.



Makes 2 cups
Ingredients Required:
Fresh Basil leaves - 1 cup tightly packed
Avocado - 1 large
Lemon - 1
Garlic - 2 pearls
Salt to taste
Olive oil - 2 tblsp
Water - 2 tblsp
Pecans - 2 tblsp

How to make:
Throw everything into a food processor and pulse till desired consistency.

Now can it get more simple than this? Go and try it out!

Comments