Best Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free and Vegan

Time for another cookie post and this time it is yet another variation of everyone's favorite chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is even better than my other post as it is gluten free and vegan. Now would you believe me if I told you these are better than the one with gluten?  I can say these are close to guilt free as they do not use flour and also no butter. But these are truly melt in the mouth cookies and I cannot say a word more. You have to try these out to believe me.




Makes - 28
Ingredients Required:
Almond Flour - 1 cup
Oat Flour - 1 cup (See Notes)
Coconut oil - 1/3 cup (solid form) (See Notes)
Salt - pinch
Brown Sugar - 1/3 cup
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Almond Milk - 1 tblsp (optional)
Vanilla - 2 tsp
Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup

How to make?
  1. Line a cookie sheet and pre heat the oven to 350.
  2. In a mixing bowl, add the coconut oil and sugar.
  3. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes, till it is light and creamy.
  4. Add the vanilla and mix
  5. To this add all the dry ingredients - Almond Flour, Oat Flour, Salt, Baking soda and Baking Powder
  6. Combine them to form a dough
  7. If too tight, add almond milk, else you can skip this step
  8. Add in the chocolate chips and give a final mix
  9. Refrigerate for 10 minutes
  10. Scoop out 1.5 tblsp of cookie dough and place them on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart as they would spread
  11. Bake for 10 minutes
  12. Cool for 20 minutes before serving

Notes:
  1. You can either use store bought oat flour, or grind whole/quick cooking oats in your blender to a fine powder. I have used coach's organic oats from costco and ground them to a fine powder in my nutri bullet
  2. I have used the Almond flour from Costco
  3. I have used the organic Coconut oil from Costco. Make sure that the coconut oil is in solid form so it creams well with sugar. If in liquid form, pop it in to the refrigerator till it becomes solid
  4. I have used the semi sweet chocolate chips from costco. If you are using sweet, adjust the sugar to your taste.
  5. You can use white sugar or coconut sugar as well, I feel using brown sugar gives more moistness in the cookies
  6. You do not have to flatten them on the cookie sheet as they would spread and flatten on baking

Comments