Mango Ice Cream - Eggless - No churn - 3 ingredients

Continuing my ice cream experiments, next on the list is our very own Indian Mango Ice Cream. 
I am pretty sure I will never get store bought ice cream, why should you, when you can make fresh ice cream with minimal ingredients in less than 5 minutes!






Ingredients Required:
Heavy Whipping Cream - 2 cups (1 pint)
Sugar - 1/4 - 1/2 cup (depending on the mango sweetness)
Mango Puree - 2 cups

How to make?
  1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the heavy cream and sugar with an electric hand mixer till you get stiff peaks
  2. Add in the mango puree and give a final mix
  3. Store in a freezer friendly container and freeze for 8 hours to over night

Notes:
  1. I used fresh mango to make the puree. Just blend pieces of fresh mango in a blender
  2. I ended up using a little more than 1/4 cup sugar as my mangoes were sweet. Taste before freezing and add sugar as per your preference
  3. The time taken to get stiff peaks depends on the whipping cream and the attachment used in the electric mixer. I realized that using the whisk attachment gets you the peaks in around 3 minutes compared to 6 minutes taken with the dough attachment.
  4. I used organic heavy whipping cream from Trader Joes.

Comments